- Vol.To: the new Volunteer Support Centre of Turin
Volontariato Torino – Vol.To is the new Volunteer Support Centre born by the fusion of V.S.S.P. and Idea Solidale, the two former Volunteer Centre of Turin. Vol.To is an umbrella non profit organization with 165 member organizations and a network of more than 1300 voluntary associations, the Centre functions as Service Centre for Voluntary Association according to the national regulations for volunteering (L. n. 117/2017 dated 03rd July 2017). The new Volunteer Centre merged the experiences and the staff from V.S.S.P. and Idea Solidale, becoming one of the five biggest Volunteers Support Centre in Italy. Vol.To is also member CSVnet the the National Coordination of Services Centres, it is represented within board of directors.
Vol.To works to provide free services (such as training, consultancy, planning assistance) to assist the voluntary associations in the Province of Turin. Thanks to its key position within the volunteering network in Turin and in Italy Vol.To aims at generate new opportunity for the territory.
Vol.To can count on more than 20 people of staff and 10 local offices in the whole province of Turin (2.297.000 inhabitants and almost 11.000 Non Profit organizations). In 2019 the Centre provided 5500 general consultancy (as information, grants opportunity, volunteers search, etc.) and 867 specialist consultancy (as fiscal and legal, planning, etc.) to more than 1000 different Voluntary Associations. In the next 12 months more than 61 VET course for volunteers have been already scheduled in several topics as foreign languages, ITC, leadership, fiscal and social administration, etc.
Mission and Vision
Our Vision is a future in which the distinctive features of volunteering – free and self-giving, reciprocity and trust, passion and spirit of initiative, responsibility and care for each other – will be a guide for individual and collective challenge.
Our Mission is to qualify and support volunteers in order to enable them to seize opportunities and take individual paths of development. For this purpose we develop projects to increase the interest in voluntary works as well as build tailor-made learning paths on the needs of volunteers.
Vol.to collects the projects and the experiences by both Centres.
Active projects where Vol.To is involved:
- 2020 – Breakthrough for Resilience – Erasmus+
- 2019 – EvolYou – Erasmus+ KA202
Past projects and European Initiatives:
- 2017 – 2019 ELI – Environment Learning Illustrated
- 2014 – 2016 TAP – Together Against Poverty – Erasmus+ KA2 – Strategic partnership
- 2013 – 2015 VTI – Volunteering as a Tool for Inclusion – LLP Grundtvig – Learning partnership
- 2014 Host the International Conferences “Volunteering in European Welfare and Social Services” organised by C.E.V. European Volunteer Centre in Turin, October 2014
- 2011 – 2013 VOLMANEL – Volunteering Manger E-Learning – LLP Leonardo – Transfer of innovation
- 2011 – 2013 AWAKE – Ageing With Active Knowledge and Experiences – LLP Grundtvig –Learning partnership.